Thursday, August 21, 2008

Elder Rusty is HOME!

Today we welcomed home my little bro. Elder Rusty from his mission in the Utica, New York Mission. The kids were excited as you can see. Actually, this was George's first time meeting Rusty and Avery was only 16 months when he left on his mission, however, Avery does remember Rusty (she has an incredible memory). He was suppose to come in at 2pm, but due to delays he got in at 6pm. It was wonderful to greet Rusty and have him safely home.If you look closely, you can see the detail on the shirts I made for Avery & George to wear. Rusty loved them...everyone got a good laugh.

Rusty sure missed his little Avery and informed us of that every time we got to talk with him. He has been looking forward to this moment for 2 years!Can you feel the love?


This is my absolutely FAVORITE picture from the day. My two brothers that like to joke about being gay and now I have proof. It looks like that are about to kiss (really they are going in for a hug). We all had a huge laugh about this picture. I even laugh so hard, I had tears streaming down my face. Here's to you Joe (another inside joke).

Welcome Home Rusty and good luck with the next few weeks entering back into the world.

1 comments:

The Clawsons said...

I don't know how I missed this post, I don't remember reading it. But when I saw the picture of Rusty and Rhett I started laughing so hard. I love that picture!