Sunday, April 20, 2008

Avery's Princess Party

So, yesterday was Avery's birthday. She turned 3 years old. We had a Princess Ball for her, per her request. She is so into PINK and PRINCESS these days! It was alot of fun. We invited her preschool group of kids and everyone came. Avery dressed-up as Cinderella and all the kids came in their dress-ups too! They made crowns and magic wands, well they ate their magic wands (rice crispy treats). We danced and played games and won prizes. It was all fun and gamed until it was time for the PRESENTS!! AHHHH! No one warned me about the present chaos! It was insane as kids opened presents and climbed all over Avery. She started kicking and screaming...oh my goodness! So we quickly moved on to the cake and it was a perfect distraction. The last 15 minutes of the party was a breeze. It really was a fun day. Avery got a princess bike, well a trike, that she LOVES! After the kids naps we went to see "Horton Hears a Who". It was a fun day for Avs and that is enough.
























Okay, but the day before her birthday, my sister Auburn and I made her a cake...okay 2 cakes. It was insane. We made a Princess cake and a Castle cake. I completely underestimated the time it would take. Avery and I bake the 4 cakes during the day and at 5pm Auburn and started the decorating, we didn't FINISH until 10pm! As I was thinking, "is this really worth it", Avery came into the kitchen and proclaimed in the sweetest voice, "Mom, Thank You so much for my castle cake!" She was over joyed and yep! That sure made it worth every minute of it! Enjoy the pictures...




4 comments:

Kara said...

Hello!! I had no idea that you had a blog. Kristin Howcroft in my ward told me!! Ha Ha, so cute! I love the pictures of Avery at her party and the ones from San Diego. So much fun! :)

BreeAnn said...

Those cakes were so cute! Auburn showed me some pictures from her camera. You guys did a great job!

Giron Family said...

Wow! That cake is awesome. You guys did a great job. Yah, you don't realize how time consuming decorating cakes are until you are half way into it! I'm sure she absolutely LOVED it!

JaNae said...

Wow! you are one amazing Mom!!! Thanks for sending me your blog address.
JaNae