Monday, April 07, 2008

St.George over Conference Weekend

So, I am playing catch-up with my blog. I wish there were a way to change the dates of posts...if anyone knows how, please educate me!!! I also need to learn how to do all those cute, creative things with backgounds and fonts! HELP!



Anyway, over Conference Weekend (April 5-6) we headed down to our house in Coral Canyon. My parents were already down there for my Dad's work, so we brought Ashty (my sister) down with us. We had a great relaxing weekend. I really enjoyed listening to the Conference talks without all the distractions I would have had at home...you know, trying to work on projects or cleaning while listening...you know! Also, I'm still trying to figure out what is so soothing about old men's voices, that makes everyone in the room fall asleep! I must admit, it was a struggle for me to keep my eyes open during the Sunday sessions. Thank goodness for the Ensign publications and the internet. Okay, enough of my blabbing. Here are the pictures from our great weekend in "warm" St. George!

Our drive down...we made it in 3 1/2 hours and didn't stop once. The kids were great! Look how sweet they are when they're sleeping...


My kids were so perfect to just sit and listen to Conference...

okay, so maybe they are watching Baby Einstein, but no one needs to know!


Playing at the park!

Georgie, doing what he does BEST at Jimmy John's!




Grandpa McDermott & George watching Basketball together!


During Preisthood Session, we (my mom, sister, the kids and I) went to the visitor's center at the St. Goerge Temple. They had an awesome exhibit of hand carved statues of Jesus Christ. It was truly amazing! After we toured the exhibit, we strolled the Temple grounds and let the kids explore. It was a beautiful evening!

Avery wanted to walk up the "Palace staircase" like Cinderella


There is a video clip and I am going to attempt (I hope it works) to put on here of George going down the "Big" slide all by himself. He did it the first time perfectly and then I recorded the second time, Opps! Poor little man...watch it if you can!


3 comments:

Silver Pelican Photography said...

Look at you. You are a blog queen!
Yay, for new stuff.
It was great seeing you over the weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by. Oliver was in heaven.
-oh this is Lindsey

BreeAnn said...

YAY and Amber and Tim. I was excited to see your posts! Good job!

Lyndsey said...

George is hilarious. I love the slide, perfect that he totally rolled off. Love the St. George place!
Lynds