Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Evening with the McDermott's

My parents had us over for a delicious Sunday Dinner and to celebrate April Birthdays...okay so, to really celebrate Timmy's birthday! We had such a fun evening and the weather was so beautiful. So Tim and I decided to ride our bikes over to my parents home. It took us about 20 minutes and it wasn't a bad ride, mostly flat or downhill (in one of the pictures you can see our bikes in the background). We spent most of the evening outside playing catch, fresbie, swinging on the swingset or swing the kids in blankets (one of their favorites). My dad & Tim spent sometime helping Avery learn how to hit the ball with a bat. She did pretty well (see the video below). After Tim opened his present, American Idol on the Wii, we moved the party inside for some karaoke type fun! We ended the delightful evening with Tim's favorite - homemade coconut cream pie and my favorite -pumpkin pie! We filled our bellies just in time for our bike ride home. We left as the sun was setting on the goregous spring day. We only had one steep uphill road at the beginning of our journey, but we made it and lived to tell the tale...









I'm having problems adding the video clips, so check back later!

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I can't wait to hear the karaoke clips. Sounds like he gets to celebrate his birthday like most kids, a week long celebration! That's the way it should be.
Lynds

kennyandkristin said...

I am impressed with your bike ride. I am sure the kids loved it. Also, I am dying to see the video. American Idol on the Wii...I just have to see it.

BreeAnn said...

Good job Amber! I am so proud of all of your posts! :)