Thursday, October 09, 2008

Welcome Fall

Awww...Fall. My most favorite time of the year is FINALLY here. Yesterday, as I was out and about I couldn't keep myself from completely LOVING the day. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I'd go as far as to call it a PERFECT "fall" day! I also spent most of my day doing one of my most favorite "fall" things to do -I canned tomatoes with my mom. I love, love, LOVE the smell of canned tomatoes. I grew up looking forward to the smell that would await me as I hurried home from school on canning days. The pure fresh smell of cooked tomatoes...I know I'm weird, but nonetheless...it's still one of my favorites.
A few other "fall" favorties are pumpkins, zuccihini bread, bike rides, football, jackets & sweaters, fires, leaves...any of you that know me well, know how much I LOVE leaves. Ohhh, and how I love the sound of crunching leaves under my shoes. Actually, I have been know to chase a few dried leaves blown by the wind, so I could get the satisfaction of a good crunch. Much satisfaction. I also love to pull out my fall decor out in September and of course, add to it every year (my current favorite color is burnt orange...perfect for fall decor). My favorite "fall" activities include, but are not limited to: morning walks, hot dog roast in the canyons, Oktoberfest, Wheeler Farm, Gardner Village, the Zoo, Thanksgiving Pointe, halloween parties and feeding the ducks at the lake. There are just so many things to love about Fall.
So, I gladly welcome you Fall. Please stay as long as you'd like.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Awww...I love fall too! You made me want to go find some nice, crunchy leaves to step on!

So, I started a blog. I used your idea of writing down quotes of silly things Isaac says. I hope you don't mind. The address is namesfamily.blogspot.com. Come and visit!

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

Awww...Fall...how we LOVE thee!! I seriously love fall and am SO happy it is here. As you know I hate the heat, so fall is the nice reward after enduring summer. I can't wait for everyone to be healthy so we can go to the zoo, gardner village, and Wheeler Farm together. Fun times with the kiddos!!!

Heather said...

I love fall TOO! I am always ready for this time of year. Ditto on canning, pumpkins and sweaters! Looking forward to the holidays and picking out costumes for Halloween!