Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Perfect S'mores

Lastnight, we had our annual Hot Dog Roast with my family (the McDermott's). We headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon and settled at Dogwood. The weather was absolutely PERFECT, the colorful leaves painted a nice back drop for our evening (fall leaves are my favorite!) and the kids had a BLAST! Infact, right before we were going to leave, Avery asked where we were going to be sleeping. She was prepared to stay all night and then some. Avery & George loved the fire and Avery was such a big girl roasting her stuff all by herself. The kiddos LOVED throwing rocks in the stream and eating deliciously roasted marshmallows!
I enjoyed the evening snaping photos, watching the kids play and eating a perfectly roasted hot dog & toasted bun...and then the highlight of the evening -a "PERFECT S'MORES"...made especially for me, by my very own chef Timmy! Thank you Tim, you are AMAZING and my very own IRON CHEF! I love you!

5 comments:

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

DARLING pix! How fun-you'll have to tell me where you went: we are still on the hunt for a good weenie roast location!

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

I just love your little family... You guys are too cute!! That is a fun tradition. Growing up we had a firepit in our backyard and it was the best....

Scott and Lindsey said...

Going up the canyon is the best. It was beautiful last Sunday. Scott and I were up Millcreek and it was stunning. I kept saying, "so pretty, so pretty."

Tim & Amber said...

I love you too babe. I'm no Bobby Flay though.

Kara said...

That looks like so much fun!! Maybe I will suggest that tradition to my parents!! :) Cute pictures Ambs.