Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Old MacDonald had a Farm

At least that is what Avery used to call "Wheeler Farm". In fact, she even thought the head farmer (pictured above), was "Old MacDonald" himself on one of her first visits. I can't blame her; I would almost have to agree that he is what I would imagine "Old MacDonald" should look like.

Okay, so randomly I woke-up and decided I was going to take the kids to Wheeler Farm. We ate, dressed and got in the car. I was determined to get there before it was too hot to enjoy. We had a great day just the three of us! George was enthralled as he pointed with excitement and practiced his animal sounds. He is such an animal lover and the animal of the day was...the ducks(and geese). Georgie would say "Duh-kie" as he pointed his two fingers in peacesign-like and ran after them in every direction. Simply entertained. Avery enjoyed seeing all the animals from Charlotte's Web. We even saw Templeton. She kept asking me if the animals could talk. I finally told her "only if you listen very carefully" and she then replied, "Mom, animals can't talk". Silly Mom!
Avery was helping me keep tabs on George, such a good little helper!
Actually, she was begging to "hold Georgie's tale", so I finally let her and was able to snap a few cute pictures with my hands free.

The highlight of the day was feeding the geese and ducks! After we had used up all the bread I brought, I bought Avery and George their own little brown bag of wheat. They had a blast! As you can see, this is how we roll, double time in our little black stroller! hee hee!!
It was all well worth my impulsive moment in decision making. We all had a fantastic Mommy & Kids day! Avery keeps asking when we are going to do it again...


2 comments:

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

Fun! I LOVE Wheeler Farm-next time you go, call me! I'm glad the kids got to go see some animals-always a treat to go to the farm!

Giron Family said...

You'll have to let me know next time you go to Wheeler Farm. I've never been there and I've been wanting to take the girls for a while now. It looks and sounds like a great place to go (on a cool day!).