Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sunday to Sunday

Dinner with McDermotts
My brother Rourke was in town with his girlfriend Lauren, so my parents had us all over for dinner. It was a special, Thanksgiving like, Sunday dinner...so scrumptious! I simply enjoyed every bite. After dinner we moved the party outside to enjoy the pleasant evening. Avery & George had a blast chasing "Thumper" around. I'm not sure Thumper enjoyed it, infact when Avery was chasing him with a Red blanket, it caused great panic to poor old Thumper. Thankfully, the little bunny survived my overexcited kids. It was a very nice evening and I was grateful to spend time with Rourke and Lauren (a rarity). I'll be posting some pics soon!

Family Night

The kids enjoyed basket rides from dad...such simple pleasures!

The TentAvery decided she wanted to sleep in our play tent this week and has slept in it ever since. She has actually slept better in the tent, rather than in her own bed and she is always excited to take naps and go to bed! I hope this lasts!

It's amazing that in these early years of life how kids find pleasure in the simple and mundane. We think to ourselves, "lets buy a nice bed for Avery, she needs it." Boom there goes a few hundy. When lo and behold a $5.00 Walmart special does the trick. It's all part of that conspicuous consumption we fall prey to. We'll never learn.

New Moon

I finished New Moon, on Thursday and I've decided not to read Eclipse until the last book (Breaking Dawn) comes out in August. I think I need a little break and the book ended in a good place for me to take that break.


Cleaning the House...for the shower...lots to do!


Baby Shower

On Saturday, I hosted my cousin BreeAnn's baby shower. It was so much fun! She looked so cute with her baby belly! I am so excited for her, she is going to be such a cute mom! All my McDermott Aunts and my mom helped out a ton with decorations and food. They are all so supportive and great chefs too! The food was delicious! Here are some pics...

1 comments:

BreeAnn said...

Thanks again Amber! It was such a great shower! I appreciate you and your love and support so much! Thank you for the advice book as well. I like it!