Monday, June 23, 2008

FINALLY!

Our air conditioner is FIXED! Hip, Hip, Hooray!! On Friday night when Tim and I returned home from our date the house was a roasting 78 degrees. We spent Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday with our house tempertaure ranging from 78 to 90 degrees. It threw our whole weekend off, as we tried to come-up with things to do and places to go to keep us cool. We tried to make an adventure out of it by having a big slumber party in our basement, watching movies and enjoying too many treats (I turned to comfort foods in my misery and probably gained 5 pounds over the weekend). But, alas we have cool air once again and I am sooo, sooo very
grateful! Are we spoiled or what!

Avery & George at our Slumber Party!

3 comments:

Scott and Lindsey said...

Have I ever told you about the time, the first year we were married and our old apartment. We didn't have air-conditioning the whole summer and it was horrible! We hardly cooked because it was so hot, and finally one week it was like 95 degrees and we were like, what is going on? This is a whole 5-10 degrees hotter than normal. I had left the oven on for 2 weeks! I had cooked, forgot to turn it off and then we didn't cook again.
Scott still teases me. Life with air-conditioning is definitely better.

Kent & Beka said...

Ahhhh.
I am so glad it is finally fixed! It has been hot, but next week is hotter, so I am so glad it was last and not next. Congratulations on a cool home!

Giron Family said...

Tell me why it is ALWAYS the weekend when the air goes out???!! That happened to us twice last summer...both on the weekend. So you get to enjoy your weekend roasting your head off and cursing your home builder! So annoying!
Better believe I would be in my basement eating icecream or whatever to keep me cool too! Glad it's fixed. Here's to it not happening agian for either of us!