Friday, July 11, 2008

Our Temple's Crowning Piece

The golden Angel Moroni was placed at the the top of our Daybreak Temple today. I got a phone call from my mom informing me of the event. I quickly headed over to the temple and meet up with my mom, her neighbor (Liz) and my friend (Emily & her kids). We were prepared with snacks, water and chairs. It made the whole experience pleasant, since we were there almost 2 hours. The winds were so strong that they almost postponed the event. At last, the Angel Moroni was lifted off the ground and placed on the steeple facing east just before noon. The kids had a great time, not really understand the significance of such an event. I am so grateful to have been there and even got a bit emotional, thinking of the joy the pioneers might have had as they placed the Angel Moroni on the temples that they sacfricied so much for. I am thrilled to have a temple so close to my home and smile everytime I drive past it. I even purposely plan my driving routes so I can pass the temple and watch the progress made daily. Such a wonderful blessing in my life!

2 comments:

kennyandkristin said...

So great that you were able to take the kids to see that. I am totally jealous....love the pictures!

Unknown said...

Hey there cuz! How are you doing? I'm doing good. That's cool the temple by your house is almost done. When does it open to the public? We need to get together sometime and go out to lunch. Or I can come over to your place and hang out with you for a little while. Let me know when would be a good day and time for you to get together. Please add my photography blog to your blog. I would really appreciate it. I also need some love and support from my cousins. My photography blog is: http://tlgphotograhyllc.blogspot.com. Take care of yourself and have a great weekend!!! I miss and love you tons!!! Thanks for the b-day card and present. I love it!!!