Friday, May 23, 2008

Been There, Done That

I can now check attending the American Idol Finals off my list of things to-do!! Whaoo!! It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience! We had a blast to say the least. Here are some of the details for those of you who have been asking...Okay, so we were able to get tickets to both the Tuesday and Wednesday shows -yeah!! We got awesome seats on the main floor both nights. Tuesday night, Ryan Seacrest grabs my hand as Tim called out, "What's up Ryan". Tim and I just both laughed our heads off with silly delight. It was all so surreal. When we watched the replay, we could definitely see ourselves in the audience scans. Both Davids were AMAZING in person. We yelled and screamed and even booed Simon. It felt good. It was fascinating to watch what takes place at the commercial breaks. Everyone is up out of their seats, talking, getting make-up & hair touched-up and then the count down begins 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2...audience applause! Yahooooo!! Fun times to be remembered. On Wednesday, we got in line so early that we were in the first 200 (we were actually #34 & #35 in line) that got to go to the red carpet event after the show. We got our wristbands and tickets, then left around noon. We grabbed some lunch at the best salad place in LA, "The Dressing Room", it was delicious -yummy! We stopped by our hotel to freshen-up, then back to the Nokia Theatre. We were there early to watch all the famous people on the red carpet...I didn't recognize a single person. I am so NOT a celebrity guru (for lack of a better term). Once in our seat, we had the best time! The show was truly AMAZING! We were in awe of how cool it was to be there live and experience it firsthand. We danced and sang and screamed our brains out! After the American Idol winner was announced...go DAVID COOK! (we were thrilled with either David), we headed out to the red carpet and got to be in the audience for the taping of American Idol Tonight and American Idol Extra! You can totally see us a billion times on the playbacks. We are on the second row. I got to meet David Cook and wish him the very BEST! He thanked me as he signed a picture for me!! We talked with David Archuleta and saw the rest of the top 12 as we yell back and forth across the set to them...it was FUN and really FUNNY! We were exhausted by the time we got back to our hotel. We ordered room service, packed our bags and went to bed. We got up early and headed home. Thanks to my wonderful mom for watching the kids and to my mother-in-law for helping with them too! I love you both! I'll post some picture soon! BTW, I was in a hurry to blog this, since so many people were asking about it...so, it's kind of silly.
Tim sitting between his two new girlfriends...hahaha!!




Hollywood here we COME...

Our walk along the Santa Monica Boardwalk as we watched the sun set and ate dinner. It was a beautiful evening and I enjoyed that it was just the two of us!In line bright and early at the Los Angeles Convention Center. I'm surrounded by all our new friends for the day! They were really excited about the 'Jonas Brothers'?!


Look at that HOT guy in the picture with me...do you think he's someone famous? :)


Where it all took place...the Nokia Theatre


Our fancy American Idol wristbands...we are sooooo lame, but I love it!


We dropped by the local L.A. Target (2 stories) on Tuesday night to get ourselves prepared to stand in line ALL day on Wednesday, luckily we didn't have to, but we were PREPARED! Checkout the neat Cartalator, pretty COOL and ONLY in L.A. (I'm sure!)

6 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I am glad that you had such a great time. It is fun to hear about all that you did.

Unknown said...

Hey there cuz! That's awesome that you and Tim went to the American Idol finally. I love the pictures from the trip. In the picture of Tim at Target the Wal-Mart in Salt Lake has that too. If I was there at the American Idol finally with you I would point out all the celebrities to you. Take care of yourself and have a great week!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Silver Pelican Photography said...

I was watching for you, but I didn't see you. When we hang out you'll have to show us where you are.
So what is next on the list. Jumping out of a plane??
~Lindsey

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

Your AI pictures are SO fun! What a chance of a lifetime-I'm so glad you got to go. You really do decide to do something and make it happen don't you? I will have to remember that this Saturday!

Giron Family said...

That is so freakin cool Amber! I'm telling everyone I know that I know someone that went to the AI finale! So awesome.

JaNae said...

Wow, you have all the luck! What a fun experience for you and Tim. BTW, Ikea in IL has a cartalator too. Thanks again for sending me your blog address, I'm having fun catching up on your life recently.