Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's - wow, how do you sum it up? It encompass a whole world of words and emotions. I am so grateful for my mother. She is truly my hero and a modern-day saint. I aspire daily to be just an ounce of what and who she is. I am so humbled to be a mother. What an AMAZING calling and experience. It brings me more joy in life than I could have ever imagined possible...and a whole lots of other emotions as well, but I want to just focus on the JOY today! I am also blessed to have a fantastic mother-in-law, who is also a modern-day saint in so many ways. She is a great example to me and I am grateful she is in my life.


Here are what some have said about their mothers and I hope to one day live up to being a mother like theirs and mine.


"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." - Abraham Lincoln


"My mother was the making of me. She was so true and so sure of me, I felt that I had someone to live for -someone I must not disappoint." -Thomas Edison


"My mother was the most beautiful women I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother, I attribute all my sucess in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." -George Washington


"It seems to me that my mother was the most splendid women I ever knew...I have met a lot of people knocking around the whole world since, but I have never met a more thoroughly refined women than my mother. If I have amounted to anything, it will be due to her." -Charles Chaplin


"Men are what their mother made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Details of my day: Mother's Day was interesting. I was so tired from the busy weekend in St. George and all the driving time in the car. So, I took a nice nap after church and woke-up kind of groggy. Tim and the kids were great to take care of me and make me meals. We had dinner (pizza and salad) with the Peterson's and then stopped by to visit my mom and had dessert there (strawberrey shortcake-delicious!). One highlight of the evening was talking with my brother (Elder McDermott) in NY. I know my mom was excited for that too. I can't believe he comes home in August! My kids drew on some cards for me and Tim told me he would taking me shopping for some shoes I want. So all in all, it was great! We didn't take any pictures, but here are some pics from last Mother's Day!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there cuz! How are you doing today? I love these pictures of your kids and you with your kids. They are getting so big and so cute. Thanks for the comment about my new website. I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it to the shower on Saturday. I'm going to be helping my brother at his work on Saturday. I totally wanted to come but I promised my brother I would help him at his office. We will have to plan on another day to get together. Take care of yourself and have a great rest of the week!!! Have a great weekend!!!